dreams of the sea, caught way inland . . .

Archive
09/2003
10/2003
11/2003
12/2003
01/2004
02/2004
03/2004
06/2004
09/2007

A journal of my dreams.



12/16/2003

I am so psyched that there are only nine days left until Xmas. I can't wait to give out my gifts, and open mine, of course. Tee-hee. The Xmas dinner is not such a big deal to me - last year, I had nachos. I'm not hugely fond of turkey.

Though, I am not ready for the holiday at all. I still have lots of shopping to do, and some wrapping to do, plus, I haven't even started my Xmas cards and e-cards. Eep. Xmas stress.

We bought our tree (my family prefers real ones), but it is currently in the garage. If I'm lucky, we might drag it into the house this weekend. Then I can stuff my gifts under it, and not have them clogging up my closet.

Now that I have every day off until after New Year's at least, I hope to spend some time at Joey's place. Also, Adam wants to take a group of us to Lord of the Rings this weekend, if it's not sold out, which it most likely is.

I watched Young & Loaded on MuchMusic last night, a program that exposes the spending habits of young, rich celebrities. I was disgusted. In a world where children starve and die of thirst for lack of clean drinking water, how can Britney Spears have any conscience after spending $25,000 in forty minutes at one store, which she had closed for five hours so she could shop in peace? She wasn't the only one. I wanted to vomit at practically every bit of what I heard (Justin Timberlake's collection of cars, for example, and Amanda Bynes' preferred $90/oz facial cream). Fucking selfish celebrities. I wanted to smack them in the head. It certainly reaffirmed my so-far-successful vow to mind my own splurging.

I have to shower today. It's 2:18, and I have not gotten out of bed, except to journey to the washroom and take a picture of the ridiculous snowbank blocking the view from the pool-room window.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger