dreams of the sea, caught way inland . . .

Archive
09/2003
10/2003
11/2003
12/2003
01/2004
02/2004
03/2004
06/2004
09/2007

A journal of my dreams.



11/23/2003

Okay, so I have yet to start gift-wrapping. Because I sat in front of my PlayStation and played FFX-2 for waaay, waaay too long. I now have 32% of the game complete, I'm halfway through Chapter 2, and my characters are hitting Level 30 and mastering job classes.

I dreamed last night that I went to church. One day there, my sweet uncle Bill went psycho and shot his wife in a back room, then came out into the main hall with shotgun blazing. I curled into a ball in the pew, hoping to be spared, but I was shot in the right side of the chest, anyhow. The pain was instantaneous, but gone quickly, and I just felt warm. I got up and, like everyone else had intelligently begun doing before me, broke for the back doors. For some reason, the man decided to chase me down; everybody else escaped. I ran down the street, kept looking back over my shoulder. He was always close behind, saving his ammunition for a clear shot.

I ducked into some trees by a power pole, hoping he would pass me by, but he found me. Panicking, I shook a tree, and that created enough of a diversion for me to slip into the woods. Coming to a creek, I sighed, and thought, Bill could never swim. (In reality, I have no idea whether or not he can.) I plunged into the water and started swimming for the life of me, tired but still surprisingly spry considering my injuries.

I kept glancing backward, but never saw him there. I was relieved to finally have shaken him, but too early. When I turned around, he was in the water, right in front of me. His mouth opened, wide, wide, wider than his face. The huge, gaping mouth sucked me in and swallowed me whole. His throat and stomach were hot, wet, terrifyingly cramped, airless, burning my skin with their acids. But not dark. I was surrounded by dull shades of green, brown, and off-white. Worst of all, I knew I wasn't going to escape.

I forced myself to wake up, and stay awake. It was six a.m. I turned on the TV. Sunday morning TV really blows. Unless you're five years old, or a compulsive shopper. I watched pandering cartoons and infomercials. And Zoboomofoo (blargh, I can't spell that). Yay for the latter. Aminals!

I fell asleep again at around eight o'clock, slept till ten-thirty, got up, and was effectively sucked in to the Internet and the PS2 for the rest of the day. How sad.

Now, I am gathering motivation to shower. Donations appreciated.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger