dreams of the sea, caught way inland . . .

Archive
09/2003
10/2003
11/2003
12/2003
01/2004
02/2004
03/2004
06/2004
09/2007

A journal of my dreams.



2/08/2004

I can't see this blog at the moment. When I try to load it, I get a fatal error that shuts down my browser, every time. If I could see the details of this error, I might be more able to do something about it, but Internet Explorer gives me only the options of sending an error report, or not.

Weird little bugs like these have been occurring since I did the only thing I knew how to do to even boot into my laptop when the SOFTWARE Config file corrupted - I replaced it with the blank SOFTWARE Config file from a WinXP repair disc. The problem is, I run Windows 2000 NT Pro. But, since I installed that as part of a module for school, I do not have a repair disc for that OS. Now, due to my tinkering, I'm running an odd hybrid of OSs that tries to purge itself of incompatible files every time I boot, unless I skip the disc check within ten seconds. I've learned that not skipping this check deletes the files I've been successful in repairing since the crash.

I'm not in a good mood. And my left foot hurts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger