dreams of the sea, caught way inland . . .

Archive
09/2003
10/2003
11/2003
12/2003
01/2004
02/2004
03/2004
06/2004
09/2007

A journal of my dreams.



2/01/2004

Adam and I went into town, hoping to see a movie, tonight. We bought tickets for The Butterfly Effect, which he + Joel saw last night after I backed out, scared away by what I thought was an R rating (which is actually an AA), and raved so positively about that I got jealous, and wanted to see it too. But, there was a line of advanced ticket holders a mile long, and when I decided I didn't want to sit among that crowd of STD-infested skanky girls and stupid wigger boys with their pants hanging to their knees, none of whom would probably shut off their cell phones or quit gabbing about how "OMG, hott" Ashton Kutcher looks, we saw Big Fish instead. It was surprisingly not ridiculous, and touching.

I almost hit a deer on the road last night, driving in the dark. I think it hopped a snowbank, because all of a sudden it was almost on top of my hood, out of nowhere. Fortunately, my panicked reaction was the right one: I slammed on the brakes, and cut the wheel hard toward the back end of it. My brakes squealed; I have no doubt that I laid a rubber trail. But I missed it by something like an inch. The oblivious animal continued its jaunt, and I continued my drive, understandably spooked, but unharmed. I don't know whether or not to be glad that Adam was in my passenger seat at the time. I don't like the thought that my driving could have gotten him killed, but I do like knowing that if I had hit it, I might not have been alone in fixing my mess, at around two in the morning.

Adam is playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II, and whimpering for my attention. Time to give. Ciao, ciao.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger